Hello everyone! I’ve been nominated! This time it’s for the Real Neat blog award, and this is my first time being nominated for this particular blog award! I’m beyond happy! A huge thank-you to Elissa Renee for this award! Elissa is so awesome! She’s fun to interact with and is so supportive of other bloggers! She’s always sharing blog posts by other bloggers on social media, especially through twitter! She also promotes other bloggers on her blog by writing posts about some of her blogging buddies. I love you Elissa! Thankyou again for this! Definitely go and check out this awesome bloggers blog Welcome to my thoughts!
– Display the award logo.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
– Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you.
– Nominate seven to ten bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions]
Questions from Elissa
1.) What makes your blog different or stand out from other blogs?
My blog is an inspirational blog, and my focus is on inspiring and motivating others through sharing my experiences. There are many other blogs that are similar, however, our experiences are all different. Everyone has a different story to share. I think my personal and unique experiences that I share make my blog different.
2.) which platform do you prefer using to share your blog posts and why?
Which social media site do I prefer sharing my posts on? I’m not sure I have a favorite, because I’m still figuring out which platform works best for me. My blog is connected to my Twitter, Facebook, and bloglovin accounts, and I just recently created a Tumblr account and connected it to my blog as well. This makes sharing my blog posts on those accounts easy. I also have a Pinterest and Instagram account. I have a lot social media accounts for my blog, I know! I get a bit of traffic through all of these accounts, but I think the account that drives the most traffic to my blog might be twitter.
3.) Besides blogging, what other hobbies do you have?
I like reading and spending time with my family. We love watching movies together. I also like to sing a little. Plus, besides writing for my blog, I also like to write poetry, and I’m trying to delve into a little story writing too.
4.) Any hobbies you’d like to try?
I would love to learn how to play the guitar. I know how to play the piano a little, but it’s been a little while since I’ve practiced, so I would also like to make time to go back to piano playing.
5.) If you could have lunch with any celebrity who would it be and why?
Oh man! This is a tricky one, because there are a number of celebrities I would love to have this opportunity with! For this question though, I will pick Chris Martin from the band Cold Play! I just love him!
6.) what or who motivates you to blog?
The love and support I receive from the blogging community gives me motivation. I feel so encouraged whenever I receive positive feedback like this blog award, a nice comment on a post, or like on the post. It makes me want to keep pushing myself to keep my blog running, and I’m beyond grateful for the support. Words cannot fully say I appreciative I am.
7.) what are 5 things you are most proud of that happened to you in 2019?
- I’m proud that I started blogging. I was thinking about creating a blog for a long time before I finally did, so I’m happy I started one.
- I’m proud of the award nominations I’ve received, considering I started blogging just this year. I’m so grateful for all the support and positive feedback.
- I’m proud of my collaborations with fellow bloggers Nadine from Home of Understanding and Faiza from the iExpress blog. Both of these bloggers also have amazing blogs that you should visit! Nadine blogs about social issues that are important to her, but her main focus is mental health. We wrote an amazing mental health piece together. The first part is on my blog, and you can read it here. Click here to read the second part, which can be found on Nadine’s blog. Faiza’s blog is versatile. She covers a range of topics from tips about parenting to tips about beauty and fashion, along with discussions about social issues. I wrote a guest post for her blog, which can be found under the social issues category, about embracing my natural hair. You can read that post here.
- I’m proud of my collaboration with a book publishing company called Odyssey Books. When the company reached out to me it was a shock and such a huge honor! I am so grateful for the opportunity, especially since I just started blogging this year! You can read my post and learn more about Odyssey books here.
- I was nervous about telling my family about my blog, because I didn’t know what their opinions might be. When I told them about my blog they were so supportive. I am proud of myself for opening up about my blog to them and having faith in them.
My Favorite part of doing these awards posts is visiting different blogs and sharing the love, as well as getting to know the bloggers behind them! Here are my nominees for this award! Give these beautiful bloggers some love!
Sarah – Mommin’ in the Real World
Emily – New York Family Adventures
Monsieur Cliffe – The Soul Journal
Katie – Watt the Blog
Michelle – What Sets your Heart Free
Jackie – Face Depression
Erin – Erin Baby Steps
Adi – Adi’s Wings
Vivian Chemtai – Vivian Chemtai
Ashmita Moidu – Sanguine Mademois Elle
Brianna – Simply Brianna
My Questions for my Nominees
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- It’s in the middle of the night and you’re having trouble falling back to sleep. What would you do?
- Are you an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in between?
- Do you have any foods you like that most other people think taste bad or weird?
- What is your favorite activity outside of blogging?
- What activities help you to relax whenever you feel stressed?
- Do you have a favorite movie?