I’ve been nominated! This time it’s for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I am so honored! I was nominated by fellow bloggers Kimberly Leatherwood and Jess Ling! Thank-you so much ladies! Both Kimberly and Jess are lifestyle bloggers and their blogs cover a variety of topics. The main characteristic of their blogs is that they share what their passions are at the moment and their adventures. They’re enjoying life and taking their readers on a nice ride with them! Their blogs are fun to explore, so definitely check them out! Get to know Kimberly Leatherwood at her blog All in with Kimmie L. Get to know Jess Ling at her blog Jerserry.
About the Sunshine Blogger Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given by bloggers to their peers to honor fellow bloggers who inspire and spread positivity through their blogs.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations
Questions from Kimberly Leatherwood
- What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
To do a little traveling! I don’t really travel. Not even around my own country (the U.S.), so I might like to travel around the U.S., and I would also like to do a little international traveling.
2. Why did you start blogging?
Blogging was always something I wanted to do. I just never had the time. I started slowing down this year, and decided I wanted to finally start a blog. I’m so glad I did!
3. What is your dream car?
I don’t really have a favorite car model!
4. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why?
Maybe Spain or Costa or Costa Rica. I’ve been trying to learn some Spanish, so I would love to visit one of those countries and stay there for a little while to become a little more fluent.
5. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
It’s between Christmas and Thanksgiving! I’m leaning a little towards more thanksgiving! I love the feeling the Christmas holiday brings. However, thanksgiving is the holiday that’s most special to my family. We are always so busy, so it’s often very hard for us to come together and spend quality time with each other. Thanksgiving is that one special time when we put our busy schedules aside.
6. If you could sit down for one hour with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
This is hard! Wow! If I have to choose though, I would pick James McAvoy. I love him! I would be so nervous that the hour would probably seem so long, but he is so funny so he would probably make all the butterflies go away by making me laugh!
7. What is your motto or favorite quote?
I love “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. It teaches that beauty is subjective, and what one person sees as unattractive might be seen as beautiful to another. That’s the whole idea behind art. If something is deemed as art to someone who sees it, it is art. It is also why every person is beautiful. Beauty can be found in everyone.
8. Are you a dog person, cat person, or something else?
I don’t have any pets, but I honestly love both cats and dogs! If I had to choose though, I would say i’m dog person.
9. What is the best gift you have ever received
This pretty hard! I’ve received many lovely and thoughtful gifts! If I really have to choose though, I would say a book that my Dad bought for me one Christmas. What was really special was the note he placed inside the book for me. He told me how much he appreciated me and to never change. That meant a lot to me!
10. What is one thing you would like to learn to do?
I would love to be able to speak Spanish fluently!
11. What is one little-know fact about you?
I can play a little piano!
Questions from Jess Ling
- How do you spend your free time?
I mostly spend time reading or with my family.
2. What are your top three favorite books and why?
Right now I’m reading Becoming by Michelle Obama. I’m really enjoying it! Another book I loved was Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand. Last, but in no way least, the Bible!
3. What are you most afraid of?
4. What is your strongest personal quality?
I’d like to think that I’m a pretty empathetic person and that is my strongest personal quality. I like to let others judge these things for themselves though!
5. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
Very interesting question! I would probably go to the past and witness the creation of the world. I’ll leave the future a mystery!
6. What job do you think you’d be really good at?
A job that involves helping the public such as a social worker or teacher.
7. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
Hard question! I’m not really sure! There are so many great stories out there, but I would never want to live in any of those universes! I am happy right where I am!
8. Are you usually early or late?
Definitely an early bird!
9. What do you wish you knew more about?
Good question! I love learning! There is so much to learn, and even when formal education is over you don’t stop learning. What do I wish I knew more about though? I don’t really know how to answer. There’s so much I want to learn, and no where near enough time!
10. What is your best childhood memory?
Hard! I have many! If I had to pick one though, I would say when I got to be a part of a bridal party at a wedding.
11. What do you feel most proud of?
Right now I’m very proud of my blog and my accomplishments with it so far.
I came across many wonderful blogs deserving of this honor, but I can only choose eleven! Here are the eleven blogs I chose! They are all wonderful, so do give them a look!
1. Savannah Nelson – Sunshine with Savannah
2. Dimi – Monkey’s Travel
3. Nadine – Home of Understanding
4. Kelly – Mindfully Mad
5. Michelle – Blessings by Me
6. Sandra Morgan – Chatting with San
7. Natasha – Grateful Grumbles
8. Lloyd Stevens – My Food and Drink Lifestyle
9. Amanda Romero – Behind a Smart and Girly Mindset
10. Jeanne – My Perpetual Project
11. Myworldmyrules – The World of an Autistic, Dyslexic, with Depression and Spinal Problems
- Which of your blog posts is your favorite?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite food?
- Do you have a secret talent?
- Which season (spring, winter, summer, fall) is your favorite?
- What song would be your theme or anthem?
- Who is your favorite celebrity?
- Do you have a favorite book?
- Do you have a favorite movie?
- Do you have a tv show you’re binging on right now?
- Is the one thing you love most about blogging?