What is important is not so much what is told…but but rather that telling occurs.Mark Sanders
I was recently nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by fellow blogger Mama Robbins! Thankyou so much Mama Robbins! Our jobs are necessary, but it is important to have a balance between work and leisure. Laziness can have a negative impact on your life, but so can overworking. Social media can affect you negatively as well if you give your accounts too much of your time. It’s said that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. Sometimes it can be difficult to balance your time on social media, time with family, time with friends, and time on work (your job and household duties). Mama Robbins’ blog, Mama Robbins Series- An Undistracted Life, covers all these issues. Helping her readers build time management and goal setting skills while helping them to appreciate the special people in their lives is the purpose of Mama Robbins’ blog. Take a look at her lovely blog with this link: http://mamarobbinsseries.ca
About the Blogger Recognition Award:
The Blogger Recognition Award is an online award given by bloggers to other bloggers. It is a way to recognize the work of other bloggers, and award them for the work they put into putting out blog posts. It is definitely hard work, so I’m very honored to be receiving this award!
- Thank the nominator, and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 10-15 other bloggers for this award, and inform them of their nomination.
The Story of Life with Charli
Sometime when I was in elementary school, I was given my first diary. That’s when I realized how much I enjoy writing. I loved writing down my thoughts, and I found that I express myself more easily through writing than speaking. Not long after receiving my first diary, I heard of Jewish diarist Anne Frank. I got a chance to read her diary when I was in middle school, and was so moved by her story. She wanted to be a writer, and I’m sure she would have made a wonderful one had she gotten the opportunity. Her style of writing and describing her surroundings and feelings were beautiful. I even tried to imitate her style in my own diary. It didn’t quite work out, and I eventually developed my own style of writing, though Anne Frank’s diary is still inspiration. Today, many survivors of the holocaust travel around the world to share their experiences. Their stories are important parts of history. We never know how important our stories are, and how they might impact someone else’s life. With our experiences, we can let someone know they’re not alone in whatever situation they’re going through, help someone learn something new, or help others view a situation from a different perspective. This was my reason for starting Life with Charli. After spending some time writing in my diary and reading blog posts, I decided I wanted to start a blog of my own to share my experiences. I eventually searched ways to start one, but life prevented me from getting a blog up and running. This year, I managed to slow down a little bit and find time to do something I’ve always wanted to do. So far, I’ve gotten wonderful feedback on my blog, that includes this award nomination, and I feel as if my blog might be accomplishing the goals I set for it. It’s definitely an amazing feeling.
Advice for New Bloggers
I’m a new blogger myself, as my blog has only been around for about two months, so this would be advice from one new blogger to another.
1. Patience is key! As a new blogger it will take time to learn all you need to know about building a successful blog. I’m still learning myself! When you start your blog you might have so many ideas in your head for blog posts, but before you start flooding your blog with posts take time to learn.
2. My second piece of advice is related to the first one. Take time to network in between blog posts. Take time to connect with your readers, network with other bloggers. This will help promote your blog and get you noticed. Your blog may be wonderful, and you may have great content, but no one would know if you don’t slow down to promote yourself.
Picking only 10-15 blogs to pass this honor on to out of all the wonderful blogs I’ve come across was difficult! However, here are my lovely nominees! Be sure give these blogs a look if you haven’t already!
1. Scottmanntn – https://speakingbipolar.com/
2. Bookaholic Brittany – https://bookaholicbrittany.wordpress.com
3. Savannah Nelson – https://sunshinewithsavannah.com/
4. Natalka Antoniuk – http://iwanttobuyahouse.co.uk
5. Raheela James – https://bizmom101.com
6. Disabled Disney – https://www.disableddisney.com/
7. Spence – https://themindberg.com/
8. Lesley Skinner – https://doinglifewithhislight.com
9. Reid and Rachel – https://randrwander.com
10. Emma – https://simplyemsblog.wordpress.com
11. Jessica Carter – https://welcometospanish1.com
12. Kem – https://kemwritingfrom.home.blog/
13. Maya – http://mayanirvana.co.uk
14. The Herstun Writer – https://herstun.com
15. Sarah Winton – http://poutineandprada.com